Join our Team!
United Way of Southwest Michigan is seeking candidates to join our dynamic, fast-paced and results-focused team.
UWSM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Director of Great Start Collaborative of Cass County
TITLE: GREAT START COLLABORATIVE Director
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in a related field, with preference given to a candidate with a Master's Degree and experience in the field of Early Childhood.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
1. Prior experience in the development of shared leadership for a collaborative initiative.
2. Prior experience in the development of strategic plans for community-wide initiatives.
3. Prior experience in managing multiple projects with varying timelines and required documentation.
4. Prior experience in working with parents and other community stakeholders to plan, implement, evaluate, and support services, programs, or organizations.
5. Prior experience in Early Childhood related field preferred.
6. Public speaking and writing skills.
7. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
8. Required to have a physical presence at the designated job site each scheduled work day.
9. Provide a calendar which identifies days at UWSM and LCISD.
10. Must have regular and reliable job attendance, performance, and the ability to do the job.
1. Facilitate the development and implementation of community strengths and needs assessment in accordance with the Office of Great Start.
2. Facilitate process to review and revise the GSC strategic plan that systematically addresses the community strengths and needs identified in the assessment and establish priorities for implementation. Develop an Action Agenda that details the resources and actions needed to move forward with the priorities for implementation.
3. Build public awareness around early childhood as supported by the Strategic Plan:
a. Facilitate the development of consistent messages utilizing multiple modes of communication. Examples include:
i. Writing and submitting newspaper articles and social media (Twitter, Face Book, and Pinterest) regarding Early Childhood events, information, etc.
ii. Seeking out opportunities for presentations to local organizations, service clubs, etc. to highlight the importance of the early years, seek funding, will influence legislators on impact of rule changes for Early Childhood Systems
iii. Creating public relations materials (brochures, fliers, etc.) as needed.
4. Maintain communication within the Early Childhood community and the Great Start Collaborative (GSC).
a. Prepare and present monthly reports for the Human Services Commission/Great Start Collaborative and Early Childhood Director and Business Office.
b. Facilitate Early Childhood Workgroup and Committee meetings and support the work of the group and its committees.
5. Early Childhood Director will maintain budget. GSCC will need to seek approval for all expenditures on required forms.
6. Work in partnership with the LCISD business department and the Director of Early Childhood to develop, maintain, and revise the Great Start Collaborative budget as necessary.
7. Jointly create and develop procedures and processes to reflect the work of the Great Start Collaborative as necessary.
8. Prepare and submit reports in a timely manner as directed by the Office of Great Start to Early Childhood Director.
9. Carry out special projects in the local community based on the Strategic Plan.
10. Develop new funding sources to build Non-endowment Field of Interest Fund for services and activities identified in Action Agenda/Implementation Fund must be approved by the Early Childhood Director.
11. Support and partner with Parent Liaisons and Parent Coalitions.
12. Promote training opportunities to Collaborative members.
13. Participate in local committee meetings to build relationships and to understand the needs in the community.
14. Attend learning opportunities and technical assistance aligned with the GSC Strategic Plan and any training provided by ECIC.
15. Work collaboratively with Early Childhood Director to collect necessary data and analysis data.
16. Facilitate ongoing collaboration with the community by helping partners celebrate successes, identify barriers, and recognize needed changes.
17. Collaboratively develop procedures and policies (infrastructure components) for partnering agencies to use as related to GSC activities.
18. Build new and strengthen existing relationships in the community (business, faith, schools, agencies, medical, etc.).
19. Participate in community events related to young families and children.
20. All new initiatives, events, and trainings will be submitted to Early Childhood Director.
21. Other duties as assigned by LCISD or UWSM.
REPORTS TO: Executive Committee of GSC, with dotted line reporting to Vice President of Strategy at UWSM
PERFORMANCE APPRAISALS: Executive Committee of GSC
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 1.0 FTE Position
EMPLOYER: United Way of Southwest Michigan
NEW APPLICANTS ONLY. Apply through our e-mail: email@example.com until 9/27/2019.