LIVE UNITED YOUTH SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
United Way of Southwest Michigan will provide at $500 scholarship to a high school senior, made out to the college on their behalf, who demonstrates a commitment to volunteerism through
INNOVATION, DEDICATION, AND ADVOCACY FOR COMMUNITY IMPROVEMENT.
One winner will be chosen from Berrien County and one from Cass County. Winners must attend the July 28th Recognition Event from 5pm to 7pm.
Deadline: May 1st.
MARGARET B. UPTON - VOLUNTEER LEADERSHIP AWARD
This prestigious lifetime achievement award is presenting to one volunteer in Berrien County who demonstrates:
• Long-standing history of volunteer contributions in Berrien County
- 10 years or more
- Unpaid/uncompensated volunteer time
• Diversity of volunteer experience with multiple organizations
- A significant contribution to a single organization may be considered
- Breadth of volunteer experience
• Teamwork and leadership experience
- Physical or administrative labor as well as service at an executive or board level
For the winner of this great honor, $3,000 will be donated to the non-profit organization of his or her choice.
Nomination Deadline is May 15th, 2016.
SUSTAINING AND EMERGING VOLUNTEER AWARDS
The sustaining and emerging volunteer awards recognize volunteers from Berrien or Cass County who show a commitment to United Way’s goals in the areas of Education, Income, Health or Basic Needs. These volunteers are those that elevate your organization to new levels and make you wonder how you ever lived without them!
The winners will have the opportunity to direct $200 to the non-profit organization of their choice.
Deadline for Nominations is Sunday, May 15, 2016