NOVEMBER 27 AT 10AM TO FRIDAY, DECEMBER 1 AT 2PM
Rules and instructions
What is the BID UNITED Auction?
An online auction setup entirely on Facebook, where items, from Whirlpool appliances to brewing your own beer, are auctioned off to raise money for our community. The auction runs the week of Giving Tuesday (November 28th).
How to share:
Sharing is simple in this auction! Share the whole album if you want people to see all the cool auction items we have. Have something specific you want people to see? Then just go to that item’s photo and share it. When you are sharing, you can also tag people in that post to generate interest from specific people.
- The online auction will open at 10 am Monday Nov 27th and close at 2 pm on Friday Dec 1st. No bids before Monday at 10 am will be counted. Similarly, no bids will be counted after 2 pm on Dec. 1st.
- To bid on an item you must first log on to a Facebook account. Then simply comment on the item you are interested in with your bid! Make sure the comments are sorted by most recent to see the current bid. You must bid over the highest bid to be the current winner.
- Please bid in $5.00 increments.
- Please only post bids in the comment section of each item. If you have questions or other comments, please send a message to United Way of Southwest Michigan. The reason for this is it gets hard to follow what the bid is if a lot of people are having conversations in the comments section.
- Anyone bidding on these items must be at least 18 y/o. For the items involving the purchase or consumption of alcohol bidders must be at least 21 y/o.
If you win:
- If you are the winner of an item, United Way will send you a private message on Facebook to confirm your winning bid. You must arrange payment and collection within the week following the auction. If United Way has not heard from you by Dec. 8th at 2 pm the item will go to the next highest bidder.
- Payment options include credit card, check and cash. Payment can be accepted online, via the mail, or in person at 2015 Lakeview Ave, St. Joseph, MI 49085.
- Physical items must be picked up, United Way is not responsible for shipping. Shipping may be available for certificates and paper goods upon receipt of payment.
- All items in this auction are being coordinated by United Way of Southwest Michigan, not the vendors who donated the goods.
Please contact Ryan Cheevers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 269-932-3546.